enpact and TUI Care Foundation has launched the Tourism Recovery Programme to support travel and tourism businesses in overcoming challenges of the pandemic and getting started on the path to recovery.
This is your chance to take the first step towards recovery and growing a more sustainable, resilient business!
What is the Tourism Recovery Programme?
The Tourism Recovery Programme is a training, mentoring and financial support programme designed for travel and tourism entrepreneurs in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya to build resilient, sustainable tourism businesses and take steps towards recovering from the pandemic.
If you operate in the travel and tourism sector, you can now receive direct support to grow a more resilient, sustainable business and take the first step on the path of recovery.
Why should you apply?
You are eligible to apply if:
- Three key team members can participate in the programme per business, among them at least one (co-)founder or legal representative (You will need to prove legal representation)
- Your business was legally registered in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya between Jan 2010 and Dec 2019 (You will need to prove registration)
- Your business was revenue-generating within 18 months before March 2020 and has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (halted operations, employment loss, revenue loss, client loss, etc.)
- Your business displays a need for immediate financial support as well as ability to benefit from training and mentoring
- The business has an innovative component or approach in travel and tourism; this includes technological, environmental, and social innovations
- The business is locally owned and operates independently
- Your business model is directly or indirectly supported by collaborations between your business and the European market. These collaborations include but are not limited to current or past partnerships, projects/initiatives, trips/experiences, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers, or supporters
- In the selection of participants, additional consideration will be given to encourage diversity and inclusion
How to apply:
- You can only submit once! There’s no option to save an application draft, which is why it is recommended that you download and prepare the application questions in a word document before starting the survey to save you time and effort.
- Start early! Avoid last-minute technical problems by submitting your application well before the deadline (The sooner the better!)
- If you have any questions, please check out the FAQ sheet for questions about the programme content, legalities, financials, commitment, expectations, and more!
If you are having trouble submitting your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note this is the only official channel of communication to receive timely application support.
Applications are open until Sunday, 20 June 2021.