The UIF’s COVID-19 TERS benefit was established at the onset of the implementation of the National State of Disaster due to the spread of COVID-19.
The benefit was introduced as a mitigation measure under the instruction of the Minister of Employment and Labour who is empowered by Section 8 of the National Disaster Regulation 10.
Through the benefit, businesses would experience some financial relief due to the pressing economic conditions of the lockdown. Since then, many sectors have benefited from the COVID-19 TERS benefit, and with the steady return to normality, businesses have started to operate on more full-time base. The UIF will therefore finalise all outstanding claims and decommission the benefit.
If you missed the webinar on 24 February in which Allan Ragavaloo, Director for Provincial Support Unemployment Fund (UIF), unpacked the finalisation of the COVID-19 TERS Benefit, please click here to view the recording.
- Allan Ragavaloo email: Allan.Ragavaloo@labour.gov.za
- SARS Error, click here
- Follow the Hettie Fourie and Geroldine Pretorius Facebook Support Group here
- Email Hettie Fourie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Geroldine Pretorius (email@example.com)
- TERS Assistance provided by Geroldine’s company Proline Financials, click here Packages available through Proline Financials, click here
- Update on errors compiled by Hettie and Geroldine. Please click here to download the document.
- Appeals Guide, please click here
- TERS Refund Template click here
- TERS Update Letter click here
- TERS Extension Appeals process click here
- Sector Appeal Form click here
- Update on errors, click here
- UIF Provincial Champions