I think that it is only appropriate at the outset, to thank our Past Chairman , Rob Kucera , for all the support and hard work that he gave to all our members and to the Hospitality Industry as a whole , during the time that he spent in Cape Town and of course, to the Fedhasa office and to all members in the Western & Northern Cape. We wish Rob, Anthea and family all the very best for their future in Kampala, Uganda
The year 2017 has got off to a very brisk start , what with the usual hectic first quarter, with loads of tourists in Cape Town – in addition to the current water crisis, the Draft Liquor Amendment Bill, the latest challenge from Home Affairs & Air B & B – to keep us all very busy.
In addition , we have several special dates for you all to diarise, namely :
- February 22, 2017 – Fedhasa Networking Breakfast ( Southern Sun The Cullinan ) – update on Seasonality LOC including Halaal Tourism & the inaugural Cape Town Amateur Golf Classic
- March 16, 2017 – Restauranteurs Think Tank ( Vineyard Hotel )- with a Super exciting Panel with Pete Goffe-Wood, Bertus Basson, Jocelyn Meyers-Adams and Carl Van Rooyen
- March 22, 2017 – JAMMS ( CTICC ) – put your questions to Minister Derek Hanekom & MEC Alan Winde
- March 30, 2017 – Fedhasa Cape Annual Golf Day ( Devonvale Golf Club )
- April 19 – 21, 2017 – WTM Africa ( CTICC )
I really believe that it is going to be a very challenging year , but it is also going to be a very exciting year – and I can assure you all that together with your very dedicated Board as well as Rema, David, Ernistine & Nolu in the Fedhasa Office, we will all ensure that we you are kept up to date and abreast with all relevant & current affairs relating to our Industry.