Reach Summit, a national training provider was awarded a contract by the Department of Labour (DoL) UIF in respect of its Labour Activation Programme (LAP). The objective of this specific LAP is focused on job creation and labour market re-entry in the hospitality & tourism industries.
In terms of this programme, candidates are funded by the Department of Labour in respect of their stipends (R2,000 per person per month) for the duration of the programme (± 10 – 12 months work experience required) and are required to attend 2 days training per month.
Requirements for working hours:
· No Sundays or Public Holidays
· Minimum of 840 notional hours over the 12 month period.
· Recommend 12-15 days per month to ensure affordability for the learners transport costs
Summit is responsible for:
· Injury on duty (WCA)
· Payrolling & Administration – All Payrolling and Stipend Payments will be performed by Summit
· Regular on-site contact with the LAP employees to ensure that they stay focused and motivated
· Dealing with disciplinary, grievance and dispute resolution procedures
It is a great opportunity in the sense that Host Employers are able to receive funded labour in these difficult economic times.
Learners will be trained in one of the following 3 learnerships:
1. NC: Professional Cookery (14111)
This qualification is designed for learners who intend to enter a field of work pertaining to preparing food, cooking, hospitality skills or other operations such as cleaning food stations, handling of funds in a restaurant or being able to provide first aid in the workplace.
2. NC: Food and Beverage Services (14113)
This qualification has been developed for people in the food and beverage service industry (hospitality). It brings together elements of food and drink preparation and service as well as supervision.
3. NC: Fast Food Services (14115)
This qualification has been developed for the fast food and restaurant industry. It brings together elements of food and drink preparation, service and supervision.
Learners are available in the following areas:
· Cape Town
Should you require any further information pertaining to this project, please contact Verne Furniss: Email: email@example.com
Cell: 082 338 5270