FEDHASA High Level Feedback:
Rob Kucera, FEDHASA Cape Chairperson highlighted the following form the past year:
- Lobbied & making meaningful difference:
About 18 months since appointment of CEO, Chief. He is representing FEDHASA on
various Boards / Committees / Forums on National level – i.e.:
- Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA)
- SA Tourism
- Tourism Grading Council of S.A. (TGCSA)
- Tourism BEE Charter Council
- Dept. of Tourism – National Tourism Sector Strategy (NTSS)
- Immigration Task Team, etc.
- Visa/Immigration/Unabridged Birth Certificates via TBCSA & Chief at National Tourism Portfolio Committee meeting at Parliament some 3 weeks ago.
- National Liquor Policy
- National Min. Wages (@ NEDLAC at moment & Chief represented there; also meeting with TBCSA in this regard on 6th)
- com & VAT
- Local Organising Committee (LOC) – Cape Town 365 on Seasonality
FEDHASA responsible for the ‘Play & Stay Golf Festival Week’ in August 2017.
- Water Restrictions – we are in touch with the City of CT re support for commercial users – big & small. (Apply for interim audit.)
- He also thanked the FEDHASA Cape Board of Directors for their support & contribution over the past year, as well as the Members and the Staff at the FEDHASA Cape Offices.
Wishing everyone a peaceful & busy Festive Season and a prosperous 2017.