FEDHASA Cape Operational Feedback for 2016
With our annual membership renewals coming up on 1 March 2017 with our new financial year, herewith just a reminder of “Why you belong to your Industry Association”:
Apart from FEDHASA being your VOICE & Lobbying Body, we are excited to announce the following ‘achievements’ over the past year:
FEDHASA High Level-(National) & Regional representation:
- Lobbied & making meaningful difference:
About 18 months since appointment of CEO, Chief. He is representing FEDHASA on various Boards / Committees / Forums on National level – i.e.:
- Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA)
- SA Tourism
- Tourism Grading Council of S.A. (TGCSA)
- Tourism BEE Charter Council
- of Tourism – National Tourism Sector Strategy (NTSS)
- Immigration Task Team, etc.
- Visa/Immigration/Unabridged Birth Certificates via TBCSA & Chief at National Tourism Portfolio Committee meeting at Parliament some 3 weeks ago.
- National Liquor Policy
- National Min. Wages (@ NEDLAC at moment & Chief represented there; also meeting with TBCSA in this regard on 6th)
- com & VAT
- Local Organising Committee (LOC) – Cape Town 365 on Seasonality
FEDHASA responsible for the ‘Play & Stay Golf Festival Week’ in August 2017.
- HR- & Skills Forum in Western Cape
- Safety & Security Forum
- Thacsa (Tourism, Hospitality & Catering Pension & Provident Fund) – Board of Trustees
- Water Restrictions – we are in touch with the City of CT re support for commercial users – big & small. (Apply for interim audit.)
Operational Matters – FEDHASA Cape:
- We have launched our exciting, new Communication System in September
- Website Launch – Phase 1 of our brand new national website was launched in October 2016.
- Membership has been growing at an even better pace than last year (11%) with a projected 15 % growth
- Events – We have hosted the following successful member events:
- Quarterly Member Networking Breakfasts – very popular and have been growing rapidly, with good business conducted amongst members (i.e. Trusted Partners [suppliers to the industry] & our accommodation- & catering members).
- Great Workshops like Customer Service; Think Tank with experienced panel for Smaller Accommodation segment; Connectivity workshop
- General Manager’s Lunches
- Celebrated Women in Tourism in August
- Ayanda, young and upcoming General Manager inspired the 100 youths at the FEDHASA Cape Young Professionals Event in May
- A successful Garden Route Roadshow, visiting 5 towns in the area during September
- We also met and presented to many regional/- & local tourism offices (LTO’s) and their members
In the process of formalising a Partnership Agreement with the Local Tourism Offices with objective to working closer together
- Great Annual Golf Day for 2016 – proceeds from the golf day went towards the FEDHASA Cape Youth Bursary Fund.
Cost Saving Benefits include:
- 25% discount on SABC TV Licenses
- 2% credit & 1% debit card transactional fees from ABSA
- Thacsa (Tourism, Hospitality & Catering Pension Fund)
- Up to 15% on SAA flights
- Checkers Corporate Benefit Card & Discounts
- Ultra Liquors Preferential rates
When you belong to FEDHASA we support you with the following:
- Specialist Labour Consultants
- The right to representation at the CCMA
- Legislative Consultant assistance & advice
- Website with all relevant legislative documents
- FEDHASA Cape Offices
- Event Invitations
Through our 2nd Registration as Employer’s Body:
You have the right to representation at CCMA level should the need arises. With the assistance of our expert Labour Consulting members, we have managed to assist in excess of 300 members settling out of Labour Court, etc. this past year.
GOALS FOR 2017
Staying relevant & deliver value to our members, to include:
- Topical event themes & speakers
- Relevant workshops/seminars
- Regular & relevant member updates
- New, exciting benefits
- More Member involvement – REMEMBER, THIS IS YOUR ASSOCIATION…
We look forward to your input and participation in the new year!