The Code of Good Practice on the Prevention and Elimination of Harassment in the Workplace was promulgated, and became effective on 18 March 2022.
All employers need to comply with the code which inter alia:
- Obliges all employers to develop a Harassment Policy and Procedure aligned to the Code aimed at preventing and eliminating harassment in the workplace.
- Requires all employers to be proactive in applying its guidelines to prevent harassment in the Workplace.
- Reiterates that failure to take adequate steps to eliminate harassment once an allegation of harassment has been raised renders the employer vicariously liable in terms of Section 60 of the EE Act.
Join Advocate Jan Munnik, Founder and Managing Director of EES-SIYAKHA for an insightful webinar that will be hosted over three alternative dates unpacking the Code of Good Practice on the Prevention and Elimination of Harassment in the Workplace.
12 May 2022
18 May 2022
Time: 09h00 – 12h00
Aspects that will be covered during the Webinar
- Background to, and Application of the Code.
- Objectives of the Code.
- Definition of Harassment, different type of harassment, factors establishing their existence and tests to be applied.
- Guiding principles in the prevention, elimination and management of harassment and steps that employers are required to take.
- What your Policy should contain and the steps to be set out in your Procedure.
- Practical suggestions to tackle obligations imposed the Code.
Fees per delegate are R995, however FEDHASA members qualify for a 20% discount when quoting their membership number at registration.
For more information and to register, click here.